Bank of the Sierra was founded in 1977. Our founding President and Chief Executive Officer James C. Holly, still serves as President and Chief Executive Officer today. Over the years, our market has expanded to include Tulare, Kern, Kings, and Fresno Counties. We are the largest community bank headquartered in California's Heartland. Through sound banking practices and financial strength, the bank has enjoyed unprecedented growth during its 36-year history.
To be responsible stewards for our shareholders by providing a superior return on equity of 12%+ and a return on average assets of 1%+ within a culture of discipline and ethical entrepreneurship. This is a fundamental stewardship responsibility.
Our vision is to be the multi-community, independent bank of choice in our designated market areas by meeting the financial needs of the consumers, businesses and agri-businesses that we serve.
- To anticipate and meet the dynamic needs of our existing and prospective customers by providing a broad line of competitive and innovative financial products.
- To provide quality service on a timely, competitive basis.
- To establish and maintain a selection and review process that employs the right people on the team.
- To maintain a positive teamwork environment for our people which enables creativity, entrepreneurship and the opportunity for advancement.
- To assist the communities we serve with their socioeconomic needs.
- To be a disciplined institution of excellence.
View Bank of the Sierra on Market Watch under the symbol BSRR. Annual Reports and other investor information are available from the Public Register's Annual Report Service or can be downloaded directly from our Financial Reports page.
Our continued success and growth is a product of strong and stable leadership as found through our Board of Directors.