Lost or Stolen Card
Lost or Stolen Bank of the Sierra CheckCard
Lost or Stolen Visa®
1(800) 558-3424 - Personal
1(866) 552-8855 - Business
Call Bank of the Sierra as soon as you realize your card is lost or stolen. If you witness a crime, report it to the police and to the ATM operator.
Protect Your Identity While At The ATM
- Protect your privacy - Be aware of others in line behind you. Position yourself in front of the ATM keyboard to prevent anyone from observing your PIN.
- Be prepared - Fill out deposit forms and have your card out and ready to use before approaching the ATM.
- Drive-up ATMs - Remember to keep your doors locked, your other car windows up and your car running.
- Treat your ATM card like cash - Guard your ATM card, checks and credit cards.
- Keep your PIN (Personal Identification Number) private - Do not write your PIN on your card or keep it in your wallet. Memorize it or keep it at home. Stand directly in front of an ATM when entering your PIN.
- Save your receipts - Do not leave your receipt at the ATM. Remember to record each transaction and match it to your monthly statement.
- Stay alert - Be aware of your surroundings, especially at night. Park in a well-lighted area and have someone accompany you. If you notice anything suspicious, use another ATM or come back later.
- Report suspicious behavior - If you notice anything unusual, cancel your transaction, pocket your card and leave immediately. Go to a safe place and call the police if you suspect dangerous or illegal activity.