Accounting Process Specialist- Porterville
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiles and sorts documents including incoming department mail and supporting documentary evidence for Bank transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of the Bank’s transactions, such as funds received and disbursed for Bank investment and other similar transactions.
- Reconciles correspondent bank accounts. Investigates exceptions and reports discrepancies.
- Codes or imports data for input to financial core processing system according to the Bank’s procedures.
- Maintains accounts receivable general ledger accounts, prepaid accounts and suspense accounts as well as monthly reconciliations.
- Maintains and develops complex excel spreadsheets.
- Identifies inefficiencies and recommends process improvements.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent. One year certificate from an accounting or bookkeeping technical school or two years of experience with general ledger accounts, balancing and accounting department procedures. Good math skills and a general knowledge of accounting principles. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, scanners, printers, and copiers.