Administrative Assistant – HR Temporary-Porterville
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Record personnel information.
- Maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence.
- Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
- Search employee files to obtain information for authorized persons.
- Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports as directed.
- Search files, databases or reference materials to obtain needed information.
- Answer questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
- Prepare and set up for new employee orientations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
No supervisory responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clerical: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work: Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish job duties.
- Communicating with Supervisors and Peers: Providing information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Processing Information: Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Computer Skills: Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.