Commercial Relationship Manager
CRM to evaluate financial information and credit worthiness based on a sound analysis of the credit
structure, cash flow, and collateral. The CRM will have well-rounded experience in underwriting
commercial credit requests regarding individuals, businesses, and agricultural operations considered to be
Middle Market in size. The CRM will be proficient in financial statement analysis. Specific duties of the
• Meeting with clients and prospects to identify banking opportunities and developing a complete
• Compiles loan package and facilities negotiation of loan structure with applicant, including fees,
repayment options, loan covenants, reporting requirements, and other credit terms. Identify credit
deficiencies and devise credit structure to mitigate.
• Ensures loan agreements are complete, accurate, and meet underwriting policy. Assures timely
loan closing and funding activities.
• Overall management of a customer’s account – CRM is the contact point between the customer
and the Bank. Meets with customer throughout the year, handles issues, and identifies cross-sell
• Assist with developing customer relationships and helping identify new business opportunities in
the existing loan portfolio.
• Develop expertise in assigned industries and demonstrate an ability to conduct research on the
industries, companies, and markets that affect the assigned industries.
• Interface with the Market Presidents, Portfolio Manager, Loan Service Center (LSC), other Bank
departments, and various Bank Committees to provide information regarding loan portfolio
administration and financial monitoring activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned by their manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four-year university with at least two college
level accounting courses is necessary.
• Minimum five years related experience in underwriting business and real estate transactions.
Must display a strong understanding of accounting principles and underwriting practices and be
able to work independently and with a team.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors,
executives, and other departments.
• Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities without close supervision.
• Ability to perform tasks and achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex
financial information into an organized and presentable manner.
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
• Ability to work with specific data management software as required.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and accounting and regulatory documents.
Ability to respond to common inquiries from regulatory, accounting, and outside loan review
agencies. Ability to effectively present information to top management both verbally and in
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability
to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to
interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical form and deal with
several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The
employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the
work environment is usually very quiet.