Compliance Program Manager
About The Role
The Compliance Department is seeking a talented and experienced individual for the position of Compliance Program Manager to assist with our Compliance Program.
Under the direction of the Chief Compliance Officer, this position will assist with the development, implement, enhancement and maintenance of a comprehensive compliance program to promote Company adherence to internal compliance-related procedures and processes and existing, new or revised statutory and regulatory requirements.
Areas of responsibility will include assistance with the various aspects of a Compliance Program including, but not limited to: complaint program oversight, marketing material reviews, maintenance and management of policies and procedures, developing Board and Management reports and presentations, and compliance training program management. You will support business and compliance operations by providing regulatory guidance and ensuring the enactment of policies and procedures to sufficiently address laws and regulations such as CAN-SPAM, ECOA/Reg B, EFTA/Reg E, FACTA, FCRA/Reg V, GLBA/Reg P, SCRA, TILA/Reg Z, TISA/Reg DD, and others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Help build a dynamic Compliance Management Program that drives sustainable Bank Compliance success.
- Handle customer complaints related to banking products from all channels. Includes complaint intake and tracking. Ensures timely investigation and response to customer disputes and complaints. Analyze customer feedback and determine root causes of complaints, identify areas for improvement. Responsible for tracking and trending activities for reporting purposes. Maintains and analyzes complaint data to identify and report recurring issues. Detect and escalate any compliance issue in customer complaints. Provide guidance in resolving customer complaints related to compliance matters as necessary. May serve as the lead for the Complaint Working Group.
- Review marketing, advertising, disclosures, website materials and customer scripts for compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Ensure advertisements are accurate, transparent, and match the actual terms being offered by the Bank.
- Assist with developing and revising applicable lending, deposit and compliance policies, procedures, and programs to reflect current regulatory requirements and the Bank’s expectations. Ensure that policies, procedures and programs comply with applicable regulatory requirements and mitigate risk of non-compliance. May be responsible for periodic policy, procedure and program review process.
- Assist with the creation and development of monthly and periodic Board and management reporting and presentations related to Compliance Management Program including, but not limited to, Compliance Committee packets.
- Assist with oversight of compliance training program including annual assignment of compliance courses in appropriate areas. Will receive reports from Training Department in order to monitor compliance course completion. Validate compliance training program is comprehensive and appropriate for applicable laws and regulations. May create and deliver compliance-related training.
- Assist in completing Compliance Risk Assessments and Risk Control Self Assessments in accordance with Compliance Department processes.
- Stay current on all applicable federal and state laws and regulations and relevant regulatory guidance.
- Assist with preparation of examination or audit materials as needed.
- Assist with vendor management oversight for compliance related issues.
- May serve as owner of special projects as the bank expands.
- Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned
May directly supervise employees in the compliance department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, statistics, economics, or equivalent and relevant work experience.
- Ideal candidate will have at least six (6) years related experience in the consumer compliance, risk management, process improvement, audit or the legal field related to commercial lending, consumer lending or another highly regulated field relating to financial services.
- Strong working knowledge of consumer protection laws and regulations and associated risks, and the internal controls needed to mitigate those risks.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence decisions and drive change.
- Self-starter with ability to think independently, take ownership, and drive initiatives to resolution.
- Solid analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and rapid changes.
- Professional certifications(s) such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or completion of specialized training in compliance or applicable certifications (e.g., ABA Graduate School of Compliance Risk Management, Commissioned Federal Bank Examiner, etc.).
- A Master’s degree, Juris Doctorate (JD), or other advanced degree.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.
Bank of the Sierra is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.