Communications Specialist - Marketing
Porterville - 40 Hours
The primary objective for the communications specialist is to create and facilitate the creation of communications for the Bank across a wide range of outlets, both internal and external. Additionally, the Communications Specialist will facilitate the Marketing department with a range of tasks related to Marketing, as needed.
Specific ongoing tasks for the Communications Specialist include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a consistent brand voice across a variety of media including digital resources, advertisements, and internal and external communications.
- Assist with and oversee the creation and implementation of content for the Bank’s various social media platforms.
- Assist with the monitoring of sites for customer messages that require response.
- Generally assist with and contribute to the Social Media strategy for the Bank.
- Generate press releases as needed for the Bank, including the announcement of acquisitions and new branches, and announcements for Sierra Grants and other community activities.
- Distribute press releases, including over the newswire, through email to news sources, and via Bank platforms, including social media and the Bank’s main website.
- Maintain a system for keeping press releases organized.
- Contribute copy toward a variety of advertising materials, as needed.
- Maintain a system for keeping ad copy organized and retrievable.
- Be a contact point for various Bank entities for the uploading of content to the Bank’s intranet, including bank and marketing announcements, housed documents, and other content as needed.
- Write content for a variety of announcements and purposes, to be uploaded to the intranet.
- Oversee the production of the Bank’s Climber Monthly Newsletter.
- Write, edit, and arrange pieces for the various sections of the Newsletter.
- Provide and/or oversee the layout and graphic design work for the newsletter.
- Draft and/or edit customer communications for a variety of purposes, as needed.
- Provide copy, planning, and other assistance, as needed, toward a variety of projects, including both internal and external contests, events, and promotions.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, Executives, and other departments. Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities without close supervision. Ability to perform tasks and achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and precision. Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, with specific ability to translate and complex sets of information into organized, concise and understandable communications. Excellent administrative and organizational skills. Proficiency in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four-year University or five years related experience.
View More Opportunities Apply Today