Operations Manager – Visalia Downtown
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Delivers a consistently great customer service experience by promoting accuracy, communication, expertise in financial services and products, owning and solving service issues and developing relationships with customers.
- Directly supervises employees in the branch in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Hires, trains, develops, and retains employees.
- Completes performance appraisals, coaching sessions, development plans, training plans and disciplinary actions while working closely with all applicable business lines.
- Organizes staff by assigning employee work schedules, directing work, assigning side duties, scheduling time off and coordinating branch coverage in order to maintain efficient operations and high service standards.
- Completing essential tasks at prescribed cadences, such as but not limited to:
- Resolving non-sufficient funds and other unposted transaction events
- Verifying branch cash totals are in balance
- Reviewing and submitting employee timecards
- Reviewing and approving transactions
- Completing certifications
- Auditing records of proof
- Completing various monthly reports
- Balancing ATM(s)
- Conducting new account and/or account maintenance reviews and callbacks
- Conducting customer site visitations
- Maintains facilities and working equipment in proper condition
- Maintains a neat, clean, and organized office
- Approves and submits invoices for payment
- Approves expense reports
- Controls supply of money on hand to meet daily needs and legal requirements
- Oversees completion of all required regulatory compliance and procedural training by staff members
- Manages expenses including office supplies, employee overtime, break penalties, and fee waivers
- Oversees new account functions and completes quality assurance callbacks
- Coordinates (planning, identifying, administering) staff training in order to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Manages record retention.
- Achieves branch goals and objectives pertaining to customer service standards, employee engagement and financial results.
- Adheres to all company policies/procedures and applicable regulations governing banking in order to maintain the highest degree of integrity, accuracy and safety while delivering financial services
- Achieves satisfactory audit ratings
- Enhances company reputation and visibility in the community by providing top tier service and volunteering in community events.
- Coordinates and promotes CRA and other volunteerism opportunities.
- Cooperates with all other business lines as needed on special projects and assignments.
- Conducts weekly team meetings to address procedural updates, operational issues, organizational updates, training events, campaigns, financial results, and other topics.
- Maintains open and effective communication with staff members and managers.
- Provides staff coverage at other locations as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILL AND ABILITY:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Identifies and resolves problems promptly
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully while striving to continuously build knowledge and skills that can be shared with others to develop alternative solutions to fit current needs
- Manage escalated customer situations in a professional manner
- Respond promptly to customer needs while solicits customer feedback to improve service and responds to requests for service and assistance
- Ability to remain open to new ideas
- Always maintains confidentiality
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbally and in writing
- Encourage and support a positive culture by listening to others provide valuable feedback at all times
- Ability to speak clearly, tactfully, and effectively to members, and employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong ability to delegate work assignments while providing recognition for results
- Strong ability to set goals and prioritize workload timely and efficiently with high accuracy
- Follow all policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software
- Ability to exemplify Bank of the Sierra values and culture
- Ability to maintain focus and deliver results despite the constant interruption
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Five (5) or more years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Bank of the Sierra is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.