Department Supervisor – Central Operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Assist with Audit to ensure employees comply with standard procedures and practices.
- Review and balance internal department accounts
- Maintenance to customer records, such as address changes, name changes, etc.
- Processing and/ reviewing legal requests, unclaimed property, and State Bar reporting.
- Review and approve batches
- Hiring, onboarding, development, evaluation, and retention of employees, including disciplinary action.
- Prepares work schedules and assigns duties to operations personnel to ensure efficient operation of department.
- Coaching, motivating, and developing a team of employees.
- Communicate and comply with banking regulations and company departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates self-development, planning, and performance leadership.
- Lead, organize, manage, and track multiple projects and assignments.
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Develop working relationships with various bank department personnel while demonstrating a strong work ethic and high integrity.
- Must be able to complete multiple assignments within given deadlines.
- Must be able to adhere to strict confidentiality rules and be able to work as a member of a team.
- Must have basic computer skills.
Carries out limited supervisory responsibilities in the department or Branch in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting the designated Operations Manager with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
Competencies – To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Design’s workflows and procedures.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to new ideas.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience – Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, customers, and general public.
Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Physical Demand – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.