Senior Commercial Loan Underwriter – Fresno Palm (Hybrid)
· Analyzes commercial loan applications received by Loan Officers to determine the eligibility of request. Confers with Loan Officers to determine client needs and discuss options for borrowers. Requests any additional information needed to complete processing and periodically attends client meetings to provide credit expertise.
· Responsible for analyzing credit and financial information for relationships (e.g., credit reports, tax returns, financial statements, etc.) to determine levels of credit risk involved in lending money to commercial customers by:
o Entering financial figures into appropriate programs to generate ratios, examine data to assist in determining credit worthiness of applicants, and/or assist in the assessment of compliance with loan terms and/or changes in the credit risk profile of an existing borrower.
o Generating cash flow projections using key drivers and assumptions.
o Reconciliation, calculation, and interpretations of ratios, comparative, trend, and market analysis; accurate cash flow analysis, and stress-testing to determine the risk involved in the extension of credit or lending money to commercial/individual customers with direction from relationship managers and/or senior management;
o Compare items such as liquidity and profitability with other companies of the same industry, size, and geographic location for commercial customers.
· Works independently to prepare thoughtful, clear, and concise written analysis, identifying repayment sources, key risks, and mitigating factors for commercial loans to complete credit authorizations for presentation to Officer Loan Committee.
· Recommends credit approval requirements including the establishment of financial performance covenants, monitoring requirements, and other loan provisions and ensures accurate grading of new and existing credit based on analysis.
· Maintains a current understanding of Bank underwriting guidelines, procedures, policies, and compliance issues. Maintains a working knowledge of regulatory requirements for documentation and regulations relating to commercial lending.
· Assists Loan Officers as needed in the preparation of credit extension memo updates.
· Interface with the Loan Servicing Center (LSC), other Bank departments, and various Bank Committees to provide information regarding loan portfolio administration and collateral monitoring activities.
· Completes annual term loan reviews to assess continued repayment ability of borrowers, adherence to financial and reporting covenants, and collateral monitoring & evaluation.
· Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
May be asked to supervise Credit Assistants, Credit Analysts, and/or other Commercial Underwriters as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Established knowledge of financial accounting theory and logic, loan structuring, commercial products, and services.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
· Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Advanced credit and credit quality skills including accounting, financial statement spreading, and cash flow analysis experience.
· A proven ability to interpret and discuss analytical data to make credit recommendations to Senior Management and/or Risk Management on strategic issues or initiatives.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Excellent organizational skills with efficient work demeanor that allows involvement in multiple areas.
· Ability to utilize personal computers, and Windows-driven programs with an emphasis on the Microsoft Office suite of applications, specifically Word and Excel.
· Ability to complete a high volume of work efficiently and with accuracy.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a specific ability to translate complex financial information into an organized and presentable manner.
· Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities without close supervision.
· Demonstrated time management skills, reflecting the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously while delivering work product on time.
· Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage internal and external customer relationships.
Education and/or Experience
· Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting; or three to five years of related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Bank of the Sierra is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.