Senior Credit Analyst- Bakersfield (Cal Ave)
The Senior Credit Analyst develops expertise in evaluating the credit worthiness of individuals and businesses. The Senior Credit Analyst determines the likelihood that a borrower will be able to meet financial obligations and pay back a loan, often by spreading a borrower’s financial statements and reviewing the borrower’s financial history to determine if cash flow conditions will be conducive to satisfactory loan repayment. The Senior Credit Analyst, besides being skilled at financial statement analysis, uses a number of performance metrics when reviewing the financial history of a potential borrower. The Senior Credit Analyst focuses on determining whether the borrower will have sufficient cash flow by comparing borrower performance metrics to industry standards, other borrowers, and historical trends.
- Construct spreads of financial statements, identify credit weaknesses and transaction risks as well as areas where further information must be obtained and analyzed.
- Perform trend analysis and process amendments and waivers in a timely manner to meet customer expectations. Provide performance updates to senior management, identify and act on warning signs.
- Manage portfolio accounts under the direction of the Credit Administrators, develop customer relationships, and help identify new business opportunities in the existing loan portfolio.
- Assist in assessing and grading loans, preparing informational requests for regulatory and internal reports.
- Support Credit Administration to screen and structure prospective loan transactions, conduct due diligence, complete credit authorizations, and work with loan officers to obtain credit approval. Identify credit deficiencies and devise credit structure mitigating factors.
- Develop expertise in assigned industries and demonstrate an ability to conduct research on the industries, companies, and markets that affect the assigned industries.
- Assist in training Credit Assistants, Credit Analysts, and other Senior Credit Analysts.
- May directly interface with Bank customers to accomplish the above tasks.
- Interface with the Loan Operations Center (LOC), other Bank departments, and various Bank Committees to provide information regarding loan portfolio administration and collateral monitoring activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Credit Officer and the Credit Administrators.
May be asked to supervise Credit Assistants, Credit Analysts, and/or other Senior Credit Analysts, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to accurately solve problems and exceptional proficiency in data management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, executives, and other departments.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities without close supervision.
- Ability to perform tasks and achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex financial information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with specific data management software as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four-year university or two to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least two college level accounting courses is necessary.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and accounting and regulatory documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from regulatory, accounting, and outside loan review agencies. Ability to effectively present information to top management both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.