Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Conduct various topical analytics projects including the following categories: credit risk, concentration risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, CECL, loss forecasting, stress testing, etc Assist in the design and implementation of a data management infrastructure and data quality practices
- Lead the Model Risk oversight responsibility including design and monitoring of the program
- Lead the analytic support and design of fraud, deposit, credit and BSA/AML optimization
- Conduct independent research including competitive market analysis
- Monitor Bank credit and financial performance against risk appetite and plan
- Assist in the development and monitoring of CECL methodologies
- Assist in the development of credit policies and practices
- Assist in Information Security planning
- Perform other duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- MA/MS in quantitative discipline (Economics, Mathematical Finance, Statistics, or other related fields) required.
- 5+ years’ experience in banking or other financial services firm in a quantitative capacity
- Demonstrated ability with various concepts and methods
- Risk Management discipline experience preferred
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to assigned areas, and how these obligations relate to his/her role is preferred
- Advanced familiarity with SAS or related statistical software
- Comfort with Chaid or CART or other decision tree logic methods
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Read, analyze, interpret general business periodicals, and governmental regulations
- Classical report writing with a proper level of sophistication and organization
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from varying groups from Board and executive leaders to branch and administrative personnel
- Multilingual candidates preferred
- Advanced ability with varied mathematical and statistical methods and concepts such as probability, statistical inference, ANOVA, contingent probability, hypothesis testing, multivariate analysis, linear and logistic regression, time series, clustering, and others.
- Hands-on familiarity with applying advanced concepts to business situations
- Ability to apply methodologies appropriate to each business situation
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Interpret data and performance measures and apply an appropriate approach to professionally challenging or confirm assumptions and conclusions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.
Please note that BOTS is in a work from home status for most corporate employees. This role will onboard remotely and work in a remote capacity for the duration of the COVID pandemic.