Senior Teller- Visalia Mooney
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform routine tasks, including making deposits, withdrawals, transfers, cash advances, receiving loan payments, cashing checks, issuing savings withdrawals, stop payments and recording night and mail deposits
- Places holds on accounts for a new account, large deposit, or an exception item
- Maintain and balance a cash drawer daily by accounting for cash assigned, received, and disbursed. Turn in excess cash and mutilated currency to vault
- Input outgoing domestic and foreign wires. Has ability to approve outgoing wires through dual control
- Complete new account/maintenance, safe deposit entry callback daily
- Review ATM Deposits daily for accuracy and fraud. Balance ATM weekly and pull cash ATM deposits
- Pull Night Drop deposits daily in dual control and record deposits on log. Review deposits posted to account
- Orders daily supply of cash, counts incoming cash shipment, and prepares outgoing cash shipments
- Prepare merchant change orders
- Assist in opening new accounts as a backup
- Balance’s vault and ATM drawers daily
- Completes a daily cash recap to ensure branch is in balance and note any teller outages
- Completes Monthly Branch Certifications
- Provide Medallion Stamp services to customers
- May assist in reviewing daily operational reports including NSF review, Unposted Items, Stop Suspect, Pending Closed Accounts, ACH returns, new stops/holds, and chargeback items.
- Review Branch GL accounts for balances.
- Review reports from teller processing system
- Engage with customers to develop a positive customer experience
- Provide exceptional customer service, accurately and efficiently processing customer transactions
- Build relationships with customers, anticipate their needs, and educate and demonstrate for customers how to utilize the various customer preference options
- Resolve customer problems and help customers to understand their banking options based on their personal preference for doing business
- Coach, mentor, and develop less experienced Tellers and support branch leadership in maintaining a strong operational environment
- Adhere to all Bank of the Sierra policies and procedures; ensure fair treatment of customers and regulatory obligations
- Support and contribute to satisfactory branch operational ratings and corporate audits while complying with federal, state, and local laws
- Comply and stay up to date with applicable laws and regulations through compliance online training
- Demonstrate good risk management decisions, including displaying solid knowledge of guidelines for fraud prevention and robbery
- Participates in qualifying CRA activities
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILL AND ABILITY:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills for maintaining good relationships with customers and addressing concerns promptly to increase customer satisfaction
- Problem-solving skills for identifying and addressing customer concerns
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy
- Multitasking skills for handling multiple clients and their accounts
- Excellent computer skills in order to use online programs to manage accounts and records
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets, and fax machine. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred with two (2) or more years’ experience in bank operations, new accounts, or credit assistant/loan positions.
Bank of the Sierra is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.