Loan Documentation Specialist – LSC
- Prepares loan documentation for all commercial loan types including but not limited to commercial real estate, lines of credit, SBA 504’s for new loan loans, renewals, and modifications. Ensure loan documents are prepared in accordance with the terms and conditions per the credit approval and in compliance with regulatory requirements as related to local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Validate appropriate approval authority for all loan document requests, review loan terms, and structure to ensure loans conform to bank policies and procedures. Communicate inconsistencies and deficiencies to Loan Officers and verify all deficiency matters are resolved.
- Be well versed in Beneficial Ownership for complex business entities
- Ensures work is completed on time and accurately by planning, coordinating and monitoring daily activities. Acts as an escalation point for team members to resolve documentation related issue.
- Communicates with underwriters, loan officers, and branch staff for any additional information needed to prepare loan documents.
- Train team members on aspects of Loan Documentation including the use of LaserPro Software and/or Word Templates utilized for departmental loan documentation requests.
- Participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by Bank of the Sierra
- Comply with policies, procedures, security requirements, and government regulations.
Education & Certifications
- High school diploma and a minimum of 3 years’ loan documentation experience
- Effective communication skills.
- High motivational level, proactive performer
- Professional attitude
- Team player
- Excellent Problem solving/analysis skills
- 3 years of experience with loan documents or complex document activities required
- Knowledge of all aspects of commercial complex loans, departmental functions, LaserPro Database software, and Microsoft Office.
- Solid understanding of loan documentation structure requirements with the ability to review credit approvals, organizational documents among other due diligence related documents to ensure adherence to bank’s lending policy/procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to write clearly and informatively, editing for spelling, grammar, and accuracy.
- Detail orientated with excellent organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while delivering accurate and timely work product.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations relating to loan documentation.