Teller (29 Hours) – Dinuba
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform routine tasks, including making deposits, withdrawals, transfers, cash advances, receiving loan payments, cashing checks, issuing savings withdrawals, and recording night and mail deposits.
- Maintain and balance a cash drawer daily by accounting for cash assigned, received, and disbursed. Turn in excess cash and mutilated currency to vault.
- Enters customer transactions into computer to record transaction, and issues computer generated receipts.
- Sells cashier’s checks.
- Answers questions in person or on telephone and refers customers to other bank services as necessary.
- Completes special requests by closing accounts, taking orders for checks, exchanging foreign currencies, assisting customers to safe deposit box, providing statements, preparing cash orders for merchants, completes stop payments, block and reorder debit cards.
- Places holds on accounts for a new account, large deposit, or an exception item.
- Prepares outgoing domestic and foreign wires.
- Complies with bank operations and security procedure by participating in all dual-control functions, auditing other teller’s currency, and assisting in certification of proof.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Comply and stay up to date with applicable laws and regulations through compliance online training.
- Promote strong customer and client interactions, build relationships, participate in cross-selling, offer new products and services.
- Demonstrate good risk management decisions, including displaying solid knowledge of guidelines for fraud prevention and robbery.
- May need to travel to another branch location to assist in coverage.
- Participates in qualifying CRA activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILL AND ABILITY:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees.
- Mathematical skills.
- Strong communication & organizational skills.
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy.
- Competence with computers, telephone, 10-key calculator, other office machinery, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets, and fax machine. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED equivalent required with two (2) or more years’ experience in bank operations, new accounts, or credit assistant/loan positions.
Bank of the Sierra is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.