Teller – Bakersfield Riverlakes
Receives and pays out money, and keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions by performing the following duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Enters customers’ transactions into computer to record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts.
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Order daily supply for cash, and counts incoming cash.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Explains, promotes, or sells products or services such as traveler’s checks, savings bonds, money orders, and cashier’s checks.
- Removes deposits from, and counts and balances cash in, automated teller machines and night depository.
- Accepts utility bill and loan payments.