Our thoughts go out to all those impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, from our first responders, to local businesses, school and government administrations, and families throughout California. Thank you for your efforts, and please know that we support you during this time.
At Bank of the Sierra, our promise is to help make the communities we serve better. Right now, that means making sure our employees and customers are as safe as possible from the coronavirus. To do this, we are actively monitoring reports from national, state, and local health officials and taking several precautions at each of our 41 locations.
Committed to Safety
Bank of the Sierra remains committed to helping our customers during this time. For the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our customers, our branch lobbies will temporarily close on Monday, March 23. All locations with drive-through and walk-up windows will remain open, with staff prepared to serve your banking needs.
Customers who normally visit branches without a drive-through or walk-up window can find the nearest branch with drive-through or walk-up services at BankoftheSierra.com/locations.
Convenient Banking Options
Because we know it is vitally important that you have access to your accounts, we have other ways for you to bank in addition to our drive-through and walk-up windows. These include Bank of the Sierra’s online and mobile banking tools and ATMs.
- You can use online banking 24/7 to check your balance, pay your bills, read your statements, transfer funds, and more. You can find details about our online banking services here.
- Our mobile banking provides 24/7 digital account access. You can use mobile banking to pay your bills, transfer funds, deposit checks, locate branches or ATMs, and more. You can find details about our mobile banking services here.
- You can also access your account information through Sierra Telebanking anytime by calling 1-888-307-3772.
- You also have access to over 55,000 surcharge-free Allpoint ATMs worldwide. You can find the ATM closest to you at BankoftheSierra.com/atm.
SBA Paycheck Protection Program
Bank of the Sierra remains committed to helping our small business customers during these difficult times. The situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic seems to change multiple times each day, and like you, we are striving to track these changes and find new ways to help our customers.
Like many other financial institutions across the country, a lack of detailed guidance and uncertainties associated with the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) made it difficult for Bank of the Sierra to determine whether participation would be feasible. Fortunately, additional guidance has been provided, and we are working to develop a streamlined method for processing applications and distributing funds.
Within the next few days, we anticipate being able to provide PPP loans to our existing business customers who have had a banking relationship with Bank of the Sierra on or before March 31, 2020.
If you are interested in applying for a PPP loan or learning more about other small business relief options available through the federal government, please visit the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Coronavirus Relief Options web page and check back on our website periodically over the next several days for updates. In the meantime, we advise you to start gathering the following documentation:
- 2019 IRS Quarterly 940, 941 or 944 payroll tax reports
- Last 12 months of payroll reports
- Document showing the total of employer-paid group health insurance costs (i.e., premiums)
- Document showing the total of all employer-paid retirement benefits (do not include employee contributions)
- Document showing employer-paid state and local taxes
Keeping You Informed
Any updates to our plans will be emailed to you and posted on BankoftheSierra.com. If we don’t have your current email address on file, please tell us by sending a secure message through online banking or calling the Customer Service Center at 1-888-454-BANK.
As we transition through this period, remember to avoid phishing scams and other forms of identity theft. Bank of the Sierra will never ask for your personal information including Social Security Numbers, account numbers, security questions, PINs, email addresses, or passwords via email, unsolicited phone calls, or text messages.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call our Customer Service Center at 1-888-454-BANK.
Thank you for choosing Bank of the Sierra for your banking needs.