Seven Key Strategies.
We’re committed to promoting a culture of fiscal discipline, ingenuity, and integrity. Here’s how we put that vision into practice day after day:
- Keep Thinking: Anticipate and meet needs with a broad range of solutions.
- Keep Serving: Provide quality service on a timely, competitive basis.
- Keep Learning: Be passionate about being the right person on the team.
- Keep Growing: Encourage creativity and maximize every opportunity to improve.
- Keep Giving: Serve our communities through involvement and reinvestment.
- Keep Striving: Be disciplined; aim for excellence.
- Keep Smiling: Enjoy the journey and have fun along the way.
Success Is a Journey.
Bank of the Sierra’s story began on September 14, 1977, in the close-knit farming community of Porterville, California. We opened with one branch, 11 employees, $1.5 million in assets, and a decisive mission to help our neighbors prosper.
Since then, we’ve grown to become the largest independent bank headquartered in California’s southern San Joaquin Valley, with over $3 billion in assets, 500 employees, and 35 full-service branches delivering a full range of retail and commercial banking and lending services.
Our veteran ag lending team provides flexible and affordable financial services to farms, dairies, and agribusinesses across the region, and we support the growth goals of small businesses across all industries as an SBA Preferred Lender.
We’re passionate about giving back to the communities we serve. We’ve partnered with the American Red Cross of Central California, given over $3 million to local nonprofits through our Sierra Grant Program, and helped One Tree Planted to counter the devastation caused by wildfires by planting a tree for every new Impact Checking account.
Additionally, Bank of the Sierra offers a wealth of financial wellness resources to our customers and the greater community.
A lot has changed in the nearly half-century since we first opened our doors – but one thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to local knowledge and personal service. We invite you to learn more about us and discover the very best in community banking.
Commitment. Confidence. Loyalty. Independence.
Note: Bank of the Sierra’s primary regulator is the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). If you would like to discuss a matter regarding Bank of the Sierra with the FDIC, please visit the FDIC site.